Sunday, September 29, 2013

66 : Singapore F1 Concert - Big Bang

One of the craziest thing I do; overland trip from Penang to JB/Singapore to see the king of K-Pop, Big Bang. Help yourself by skipping this entry if you are allergic to K-Pop.

I secured the cheapest F1 tix costs $72 ($68+$4 for processing fees) somewhere in Aug then booked a bed in Blissful Loft, near MRT Clarke Quay (3min-walk from the station). Then, it was all good to go! At first, I though this is going to be my 1st solo trip, but managed to drag kak Rina along, but she's flying straight to SG on the day of the event since she had class to attend.

12 freaking hours of bus ride from Butterworth-JB, spent a night in Syafiqah's crib (thank you!) then hopped on the bus to SG the very next day (Causeway Link, Gelang Patah-Jurong East, RM4). Met my new Singaporean girlfriend, Dyna who is kind enough to help me picking up my F1 pass (or else, I have to pay extra $23 for delivery); together with her Indonesian friend, Irma. It was a pleasure to meet both of them :) These 2 kind souls were kind enough to accompany me for check-in and even sent me to the MRT station. God bless both of them!

With Dyna & Irma

I reached Raffles Place MRT station around 12pm since I decided to enter the venue via Gate 5. I read somewhere that there is less people at Gate 5. It was totally right. 2pm and no queue at all. I managed to grab a bite from the nearest McD then enter the venue at 3pm when the gate was opened. The security was a breeze. I brought along  an umbrella, a small mat, sunblock and a 600ml clear bottle of mineral. It was all good. 

I was happily scrolling my twitter timeline (free high speed wifi yo!) while eating my fillet o fish and read that the queue was a mess at Gate 3 and 4.

I quickly look for The Padang stage then only I saw people were running like crazy. So, I decided to join the occasion. LOL. Secured the best view (I think!) and made friends with the crowd around me. I get to know there are fans from Japan, China, Australia etc were there for Big Bang. Amazing! God bless me, I met so many nice people there.These 2 Indian ladies next to me even offered to buy me drinks since they know I was all alone. Thank you ladies! Found kak Rina in the sea of people around 5pm and managed to grab a bite around 6pm. Energy restored! 
The sky was awesome! But not the weather. I think someone forgot to turn off the oven temperature :/

VIPs were having picnic under the sun (VIP = BigBang's fan)

I was glad that I managed to drag her along to the concert!

The $68 pass

View BEFORE the concert starts

1/8 of the crowd. Say what?!

11.15pm. The time has come. They started the concert by playing Fantastic Baby mv on the big screen. People were screaming, impatiently waiting for the boys to come up on the stage. And right after the mv ended, here we go...the kings made their appearance on stage. The crowd went wild. 


Enjoy some of the shots I took during the concert. Not a professional photographer, pardon me.




Can you spot my baby T.O.P?

G-Dragon (in white) x Taeyang (in black). Looking absolutely fine.

12 hours of traveling and additional 12 hours of waiting was totally worth it. He looks perfect. Meet Choi Seung Hyun / T.O.P of Big Bang.

G-Dragon x T.O.P x Taeyang

Daesung. He looks all shy that night. But no one can deny how hot his *cough* body *cough* is when he was sweating. Managed to catch a glimpse of his ehem 6packs ehem. 

The leader of Big Bang, Kwon Jiyong / G-Dragon. Being labeled as the king of K-Pop for his amazing talent and one of the richest idols in South Korea. 

I wont forget the very 1st moment I laid my eyes on this guy. 

My perfect duo, GD&TOP. 

Seungri the maknae (youngest) in Big Bang. No one can resist this 90's baby. He was so cheeky and playful. The crowd went wild when he was flirting with the camera during his solo stage. He performed Gotta Talk to You & Strong Baby.

Taeyang. Damn it, this guy got swag! Whenever he moves his body, he moves with swag. Big Bang's dancing machine. He looks good in blonde, I admit.

G-dragon with Daesung at the back. This is how close we were. I couldn't ask for more :p

The concert ended around 12.45am and we reached hostel at 2am. 

We checked out from the hostel then headed to Bugis St for lunch with Dyna. I cant thank her enough for being so kind to us. She treated us the best chicken rice then spent the day with us. Around 6pm, Dyna and her cousin sent us to Queen St bus station to catch a bus to Larkin. We boarded the bus to Penang around 9.45pm. Safely reached Penang at 7.30am the very next day.

All I can say is, I am so glad that I decided to proceed with this trip. One of the best trips I've ever had. I feel blessed to meet so many kind souls through out this trip. Seeing the kings on the stage was like a dream come true. Been longing to see them on stage since I first discovered them in Running Man (boo me!). They are beyond amazing! I promise myself to see them on stage again for their next tour hehe

Enjoy some of my fancams from the concert : 




No comments: